Real Christmas Trees
The evergreen fir tree has traditionally been used to celebrate winter festivals for thousands of years. Pagans used branches of it to decorate their homes during the winter solstice, as it made them think of the spring to come.
Fill your home with the aromas of Christmas by purchasing a real Christmas tree this year. Our fresh cut trees are here and they make the ideal centre piece for your Festive celebrations; some have been home-grown by the Hollies, planted by Richard up to 10 years ago. The majority of the trees we have for sale are Nordman Firs, which are one of the most popular Christmas Trees in this country due to their lovely symmetrical shape with strong branches and the fact they hold their needles better. Additionally we have some Norway Spruce and various sizes of potted trees.
Come along to The Hollies Farm Shop at Little Budworth and choose your favourite variety, the most suitable height and the most beautiful real Christmas tree to load your selected Christmas decorations on to! Our team are on hand to help you make your choice, offer advice, bag your chosen tree and even help you to the car with it.
How to look after your Christmas Tree;
1. Cut off at least one inch (2.5 cm) from the bottom of the trunk and gently shake the tree to remove any loose needles.
2. Stand it in a bucket of water and keep it in a cool place such as a garage or shed until ready to take indoors for decorating.
3. The Hollies recommends putting the tree into a bucket (without holes) and filling with water so that the trunk is immersed.
4. Use stones or bricks to secure the tree in place. Do not use sand or soil in the bucket as they restrict water from being drawn up.
5. Stand the tree in the coolest part of the room, ideally next to a window and away from radiators and fires. Water daily.
6. Decorate your tree with Christmas lights and decorations available in The Barn at The Hollies.
7. Have a lovely Christmas!
Artificial trees and decorations
In addition, we have an extensive range of artificial trees available too which are displayed in the marquee at the back of the Farm Shop at Little Budworth. These can be brought out year after year and easily manipulated to hold your decorations. Decorations and lights to suit many themes and colour schemes are available from The Barn to make your home even more magical this Christmas time.
Categorised in General