What to do with potatoes?
There is so much you can do with a potato: chips, wedges, roasted, mash, soups, baked, dauphinoise…
Potatoes are an important root veg for most of Europe and are key to a hearty British meal.
The Hollies Homemade Range has a selection of soups available to purchase in-store at both sites.
Or you can always make your own using some of The Hollies finest produce?
Follow the simple recipe below for the perfect Leek & Potato Soup, its the best way to chase off the February blues.
You will need ……
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 onion, sliced
– 225g/8oz potatoes, cubed
– 2 medium leeks, sliced
– 2 pints vegetable stock
– 150ml/5fl oz double cream
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
(serves around 4-6)
What you will need to do ……
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks.
Cook for around 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Season well and simmer until all of the veg is tender.
- Whizz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in the cream, heat through and serve!
This recipe makes a perfectly smooth and creamy soup that’s packed with lots of flavour.
Why not make it a light lunch with a side of a warm Devonshire Bakery roll.
Categorised in Farm Shops