Brioche with Oven Baked Brie
A perfect recipe for sharing with great company and perhaps a glass of red!
1kg strong white flour
8 whole eggs
500g softened unsalted butter – cut into small cubes.
- In an electric mixer using the hook attachment, on speed, knead the flour, yeast & milk together adding 1 egg at a time. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Add salt & sugar and knead for further 5 minutes.
- Turn to speed 3 and add slowly butter until smooth and combined.
- Place in a large bowl and cling film.
- Allow to rise in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once risen double in size, remove from bowl and cut in 40g size and shape into balls.
- Place onto a tray lined with grease proof paper, place your dish you will use for the brie to bake in the centre of the tray and begin with the centre circle consisting of x10 brioche balls and work around until you have completed the second circle consisting of 15 brioche balls.
- Brush with an egg wash and allow to prove in a warm area. You can tell when the dough is ready by gently pressing it and seeing if it springs back.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- When your bread is ready, it should be a good brown colour with a crisp crust. To check if it’s ready, take it out of the oven and tap the bottom. If it sounds hollow, it’s ready; if it doesn’t, put it back and check again in 5 minutes. After baking your bread, it should be allowed to cool completely on a wire rack before eating. Whilst it cools it will let out all its steam and finish cooking.
- Place your brie in your round dish and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Place in the centre of your brioche.
- Serve & enjoy!