The Hollies Italian Style Sausage and Bean Casserole on a Parsnip Mash
A Sausage Serving Suggestion for Sausage Week (31st October – 6th November)
By Ashley Haspell, Head Chef at Lower Stretton
For the Casserole
12 x The Hollies Traditional Pork Sausages
1 x Onion Diced
1 x Pepper Diced
1 x Drained Can of Mixed Beans
1 x Jar of Nonna Teresa Pasta Sauce
For the Parsnip Mash
1 x peeled parsnip
500g of peeled potatoes
1. In a casserole dish, fry the sausages until golden brown.
2. Add in the peppers, onions and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the Nonna Teresa pasta sauce and the mixed beans to the pan plus 80ml of water.
4. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Whilst that is cooking, chop the peeled potatoes and parsnip and boil in water until tender.
6. When tender drain the water off the potatoes and parsnip. Add butter, salt and pepper, then mash until smooth.
7. Serve and enjoy!